Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pop and Ms.Cindy

This weekend we have been celebrating! My father in law has pastored First Independent Methodist Church for 25 years! The church put together a great weekend of celebration! Saturday night there was a dinner at the church and afterward everyone gathered in the sanctuary to show their appreciation for Hal and Cindy Daigre. There were many people to share what Pop and Ms.Cindy mean to them. I did not share! I know, terrible. I just let Marshall do all of the public speaking engagements:) I am not big on crowds and avoid standing in front of them. Marshall did share a small part of how I feel about Pop, but I thought I would share via my blog!

Hal Daigre loves Jesus. He is a man of God, an example to so many. He has impacted thousands of people. Maybe not directly, but he has in some way touched lives he does not even know about. And Ms.Cindy has been by his side through the best of times and the worst of times, loving him and praying. She always laughs at his jokes.....even though she has probably heard them fifty times!

I have always thought Pop was hilarious! When Marshall and I first started dating, Pop would tell jokes and I was constantly laughing! I thought everything the man did was HILARIOUS! I still think he is pretty funny:)

Pop and Ms.Cindy, thank you for loving Jesus. Thank you for raising two amazing men of God. Pop, Thank you for leading our family. You mean so much to so many. I am so thankful that our boys have you as grandparents. I could not have asked  for a better family to be a part of. I count it a privilege to be your daughter. I know Cassie would agree:) I am sad they could not be here this weekend but we all feel the same way about you. We love you both.


2 comments:

  1. Jessie I love you so very much and count it a great joy and blessing that you call me pop. You are the daughter I never had, not trying to take your real dad's place but I love you and thank the Lord for the Christian wife and mother you are. You are more than I prayed for in a wife for Marshall and mother for our grandchildren. But God is always able to do more and give more than we ever ask. I am so blessed to lead our family and humble too, because it is more than I deserve. I love you and will always be there for you until I leave this world. Thanks for your love and being my daughter and giving us three wonderful son's to add to our family.
    Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my .... It WAS an awesome celebration. I have never felt so loved from so many people in all my life!!!! I will never forget it. And Jessie, thank you for being a part of our family. You are the one I prayed for -for Marshall - and God sent the perfect "help mate" for him. You are a wonderful wife and mother, and we are blessed to have you as a vital part of the Daigre family!

    ReplyDelete