Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Surprise:)

I love surprises! Even though I try and figure out what they are! I love sweets....I think you have probably figured that out by now. Sadly, I am out of the double chocolate chunk ice cream that Marshall got for me the other day. I went by Bruster's Monday and they did not have any. I was disappointed....plain chocolate ice cream from the grocery store just does not compare.

Well, last night M had a meeting and called me on his way home to tell me he had a surprise for me and not to eat anything. I had already eaten a Nutty Bar(you know the whole chocolate and peanut butter thing-I just can't pass up). I assumed when he said that, that he had gone by Bruster's and gotten my ice cream! I was wrong.

Even better than double chocolate chunk ice cream from Bruster's......Great Wall of Chocolate from P.F. Changs!!! Six rich layers of frosted chocolate cake topped with semi-sweet chocolate chips, served with fresh berries and raspberry sauce according to P.F. Changs website:) Let me just tell you that if you have never experienced 1440 calories of marvelous chocolate then you are missing out! It is worth the trip to eat this cake. 

My precious husband surprised me with this last night:) He dropped by P.F.'s after his meeting and got this for me. I was very surprised, and we shared the cake together over conversation. I love to know that M was thinking about me and wanted to do something for me. He knew I would love it and knew it would make me happy:) It did all of those things but more importantly, it made me appreciate my husband. The little thought makes me want to be a better wife and do something special for him. I know that was not his goal. But when someone does something out of kindness just because they were thinking about you, it is really special, even if it is something as simple as cake. 

SO, I say all of this to say, do something special for your husband or wife today! Write a note and put it where they can find it when they leave for work. Something as simple as that will let them know you were thinking about them and will make their day. And in turn, it would not surprise me if you find a note or a special treat just for being you:)



No comments:

Post a Comment