Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Habitat Restore

Habitat for Humanity is a great organization that provides homes for the homeless. You can read more about them here. They have a store called the Habitat Restore, and they have a huge selection of used home improvement items at a fraction of retail prices. And all of their proceeds are used to build habitat homes. There are a couple of Habitat Restores in the area, one in Decatur and one in Huntsville.

I bought 2 old windows there a few years ago. I bought a large one for $8 and a smaller one for $5. They stayed in my garage for 3 years! We would drag them out and hold them up to the wall and never could find the perfect place! I could not figure out what I wanted to do with them. Thanks to other bloggers with great ideas, I figured it out! I got the idea here. (she actually used hers as fireplace screen!) I bought some cute fabric and used my trusty staple gun to staple it to the back of the window! So cute! I love it! Now, thanks to my sweet husband the windows are both hanging on the wall! Here they are!




 Not the best quality photos, but you get the point:) This is another super easy and cheap project that anyone can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment