Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You can pretty much spray paint anything!

You name it and you can probably spray paint it! Don't like the way something looks? Give it a new look....for cheap! I buy Valspar spray paint at Lowe's. It costs about $3.75 for a can. Or if you are spraying something white or black there is an 'economy' paint for $1. Here are a few items I have spray painted recently:
My craigslist find! Before...

And after!


This bookcase was under my Nana's carport! So, I got it for free! It was brown before and I Spray painted it 'churchill hotel vanilla'. I also made a back for it out of foam board and fabric. Total redo was less than $15!!! [I can't find a before pic!]
I am so happy with my table! I bought it on craigslist for $115 and sold my table for $75, so you do the math and I technically paid $40!!
I only used the spray paint for the chairs, and not for the table and bench, but only because I already had a quart of the black paint. So I brushed it on. You could also leave the seats of the chairs the wood color and just paint the backs and legs of the chairs....too much work for me!

The back of the bookcase is just a $5.99 piece of foam board from Hobby Lobby (one of my favorite stores) and a yard of fabric! I hot glued the fabric around the foam board and used my handy staple gun to attatch it to the back of the bookcase! Sooooo easy! Seriously anyone can do this!

2 comments:

  1. Look at you putting pictures on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a table like that a few years ago. I loved it! You and Lindsey both are so creative! Great Job! {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete