Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Naming my blog....

I honestly didn't think too much about naming my blog! Ha! I thought I might start it but it wouldn't go anywhere. I am finding that I actually enjoy blogging! Crazy! I know!

Anyway, I thought someone out there might be interested in the name.....not really, but I thought it would be fun to share! I love this story!

A preacher's wife! Yes, God honestly called me to this amazing position. I struggled to know God's will for my life when I was in high school. I had two great mentors in my life to whom I will always be grateful. They will never know the full impact they had on my life. They were there encouraging me and praying along side me. It was like a revelation the day I realized it.....God was calling me to be a pastor's wife! I went to one of them and basically asked their opinion for my future, they answered with, "I think you would make a great preacher's wife!" Are you kidding me?! That is honestly what I feel like God is calling me to do! This was confirmation for me that I was in His will! How exciting!.......now what?! 

A few months later, I visited one of the FIMC youth services. I sat behind this guy with long hair (which btw I do not find attractive on a man). But I thought he was really good looking, despite the hair! After the service we started talking....you know, the basics.......What's your name? I've never seen you around here before....How old are you?:) You must know that at the time I was 17 and this guy was 22, I was a senior in high school and he was a senior in college! Then he asked me what I wanted to do when I graduated. And, thinking he would find it silly, my answer was, "Well, I really feel like God is calling me to be a preacher's wife." His response was something like this,"Are you serious? Did you know that I am a preacher?!"

Well, you know how the story ends:) That guy was the preacher, my preacher! We dated for 4 months after that and then we got engaged, 8 months later we were married:) 

Wow. Sometimes when we least expect it or least deserve it God blesses us. He has truly blessed me. What a privilege to serve with my husband. To share Jesus in only the way a preacher/ pastors wife can! As Thomas Oden mentions in his book, Pastoral Theology, a pastor has a unique role, to be there for a person during the pivotal moments of life. We get to share with families when a new life comes into the world. We share their lives when they meet Jesus and are there when they are baptized. We get to be there when men and women pledge their lives to each only in the union of marriage. And we are there by their side in death. What an amazing position the 'preacher' and his wife have. I have come to appreciate what an honor it is to be a preacher's wife and share a ministry with my precious husband.

God has a plan for my life and a plan for yours.......I love his plan for my life........after all it is the best plan, the only plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment