Friday, July 1, 2011

Call the Company!

Ever buy a product and the packaging says, "do not return to store"? Btw I know packaging does not actually speak, but you get the point. There is a reason the package has that written on it. The company does NOT want you to return it to the store, they want you to call them. They will take care of it! (If not, I probably would not use them again.)

I have had bad experiences at Restaurants and called to let the manager know. They always want to be sure the customer is happy. The way I feel about it is if they are providing a service or a product they want the customer to be satisfied, and they want to know if not. And if I am paying for something I want to be sure I get my money out of it. So, I let them know.

For instance, I have called about lots of things. I bought Nature's Own bread from Sam's, Opened it at home and it was smelly and stale. Instead of driving back to Sam's and wasting gas, I simply called the number on the bread bag. The next day I had 2 new loaves delivered to my door from the manager at Nature's Own and he brought coupons! Nature's Own is great!

Some products have a warranty on them for a few months. Most recently I had to call about our trampoline. We have only had it since May and the safety net is tearing at  the top. Well, I pulled out the book and it has a 90 day warranty for the net! I called, they took my information, I have to scan and email the receipt and they will be mailing a new net very soon.

Companies want you to be happy with their products. Call them! Don't take advantage. Be honest. If you have a problem, they will take care of it!

2 comments:

  1. A strap broke on Imo's booster seat a month ago. It was just the LATCH, which is optional on the seat, but I like using it. (And I bought the expensive Sunshine Kids booster seat for that feature.) A call & some e-mailed photos later and Imo has a brand new seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At our very first Prive' experience at Monaco, we went on a double date with my hubby's brother and his wife. I had reserved our seats online, and made sure to pick the best seats, of course! Well, when we got there, one of our seats was broken, as in half of it was laying on teh ground. So, we ended up having to get a manager, and he asked the couple next to us to shift one seat over. Not only did that cause us to not be able to share the "loveseat" together (and forcing me to share the "loveseat" with my stranger neighbor, but said neighbor complained the ENTIRE MOVIE about having to shift ONE SEAT when THEY paid for THOSE SEATS. (as if our party hadn't done the exact same thing). We complained to the manager afterwards, because although they couldn't help the other person's rotten attitude that ruined the entire movie for me, who was sitting next to them, they could help that the seat in the expensive section was broken and not checked between movies. So, we ended up with 4 free Prive passes.

    ReplyDelete