Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My 25th birthday gift.

I have mentioned before that I love to read! I will (if I can) read for hours a day.....I don't watch much t.v., so that leaves a lot of time for reading. Seriously love it! I had my eye on a Nook for a while, but did not want to spend the money on one. I have a hard time spending money on things like that....I mean I could buy like 8 dresses for $150! :)

For those of you who don't know, a Nook is an e-reader from Barnes and Noble, and if you want one after reading this post, the first edition is only $119. And there is an awesome Nook Simple Touch Reader out now for $139. I am not a fan of the Nook color, mainly because I like the e ink display. Basically just means it looks like the page of a book not a computer screen.

Marshall (have I mentioned what a good husband he is?!) knew I wanted a Nook, and he is a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to gifts:) So, needless to say I did not think that days before my birthday he had already gotten a gift. I was sitting on the couch one night telling him all the pros to having a Nook, like I had done for weeks! He left the room and when he returned he threw something down beside me. Anyone want to guess what it was?! Yep! You guessed it, my very own Nook!!! I was soooo excited! I have owned it for almost a year now and I absolutely love it. It is one of the best gifts I have ever received! I like it for lots of reasons. One of those being that I can hold it and nurse my baby, all I have to do is push a button to turn the page! There is nothing worse than losing your page! I can buy books whenever I want. There are lots of free books, but most of the books I read are not free, sadly. But they are cheap. I have read 4 books this week and all of them were .99 cents!  Not bad! You can actually get books from the public library, but I have not yet, because when I find one I want to read, they are already checked out. I find that I read more because I do not have to go anywhere to get a book when I am finished with one I simply choose another one and it is downloaded immediately! I love this feature because I am not the most patient person in the world! You can also lend books. I can borrow books from friends and vice-versa.

I highly suggest a Nook:) If you have one or if you decide to get one, let me know and we can lend books to each other:) BTW, I do still read "real" books. I love books, I just thought you might be curious about my favorite birthday gift ever!!!

Thought you might like to see my Nook:) Oh, and if you are wondering who that guy is....random pictures of authors come up as a screen saver and that is Homer.

This is my cover, this was a gift from my favorite inlaws:)

No comments:

Post a Comment