Thursday, July 21, 2011

Technology....

I love to read! More specifically I love to read historical christian fiction. Sometimes I wish I lived back in the day. Life was simple! No computers, nothing to program. I think for a time, it would be fun! Kind of like when the power was out after the storms...it was nice to enjoy my family with few distractions. (I did miss hot water, air conditioning, lights, the basics.) Well, today was one of those kind of days, I would have rather had an "old school" key or maybe even a horse and buggy:)......

Technology is awesome. I am very thankful for all of the things I have. You know how I mentioned in a previous post that I LOVE my van? Well, the key and I have a love/ hate relationship. I love that I can crank my car from outside. I can push a button and the doors open! I love those qualities in a key. The part I hate is how much the key cost!

Marshall cut the grass today. The yard looks awesome-as usual. I had to run to Joe's Pharmacy (love Joe-if you need a pharmacist I highly suggest him). I asked M where the van key was.....he reached in his pocket and yep, you guessed it, found nothing. Actually, he found a hole in his pocket. My first reaction was glass half full, M's reaction was glass half empty. Sadly today the glass was half empty.

I thought it was probably in the yard somewhere, so I started my search. And I found it!!!! In fifteen pieces!!!!! Let me just say, this is/was the only key to our van! There was only one key when we bought it! And, this is not the "old school" key you can have made at Wal Mart. This is a very expensive key that has to be ordered and programmed!!! Ugh!!!! I immediately called the dealership. We had to have the van towed! Thank the Lord for AAA.

M had been planning to shoot guns for over a week, so Pop and I went to the dealership. Hiley VW is awesome! I called and initially they said it was going to cost $325! For a key! I was sick! It is amazing the difference in talking to someone on the phone and looking them in the face. It is harder to say no! Long story short my amazing Father in law got us a great deal (considering the initial price)! We ended up paying $179. Still a lot for a key, hence the reason I would rather be 'driving' a horse today!!!!


The key....look closely and you may be able to see the freshly cut grass!



All of this because of a key! Crazy!

1 comment: