Thursday, July 7, 2011

Haircuts

I cannot bring myself to PAY for my kids to have their hair cut. I used to take them places and have it cut, but it is so expensive! I paid $18 for Jackson to have his cut! (that was including a tip) I felt sick when I left the place! I could do a lot with $18! I know you can get it cheaper than that, but even paying $8 is a lot when you have more than 1 child!

So, I sent M on a mission! The next time the boys needed a haircut, I had M buy a nice pair of hair cutting scissors! $16 for the scissors and I have probably cut the boys hair 10 times! I have saved $180!

Sometimes I cut it a little too short (M likes it that way), but it always grows back out :) It is soooo easy! I am not an expert by any means. In fact, I watched a youtube video on how to cut hair :) ha! I know! Risky! But it worked!

The boys behave so much better when I cut their hair. Don't know why but it probably has something to do with getting an ice cream cone as opposed to a sucker :)

All you need is a good pair of hair cutting scissors. I also bought a cheap cape and spray bottle from Sally's Beauty Supply. And a trimmer is handy for the back and side burns. I always cut their hair in my bathroom. I bring in a tall stool so they sit up tall enough for me to see what I am doing. Put the cape on, spray their hair down, and start cutting! I start in the back, then cut the sides, top and front. Finally, I bring out the trimmer and shape everything up! Google it!

Whoever said you have to have a professional cut your kids hair?! Or do a lot of things we all could do ourselves if we had a little confidence! I am encouraging you now...go save some money, cut your kids hair yourself!

2 comments:

  1. I've been doing this for over a year now! I cut ALL of my guys' hair, and do my own color. Even with highlights, I researched how to mix and use the chemicals, and do it myself now! Now, if I wanted actual highlights, I'd pay someone else to do it, because when I did it myself, it butchered it. But, I only do the bangs so that I can put my pink in, and it's so much easier than I expected! I still need to get a cape for my guys' cuts hahaha, they just usually take off to the shower as soon as I'm done ;) But I am SO GLAD I learned to do this myself! It has saved us so much money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky for me, I have Adam who apparently minored in barbering at WC.

    ReplyDelete