Monday, July 11, 2011

I love my van!!!

For years I heard this statement, "I will never drive a van". I even spoke that statement! Well, when you have kids, things change! It really is not about what is "cool" anymore. You must think practically! And for us that meant a minvan! Once Beau came along we knew we were going to have to up-size. 

In my mind I was picturing driving something like Nana's van! Oh my! Well, we went on a minivan search. I had a very specific list of vans that I thought would be ok to drive. I saw a commercial for VW and loved their van! We stopped by the VW place and found a used van that we liked a lot:) After going ten other places we went back to VW and decided this was the van for us! We both absolutely love our van! We had a huge blessing that enabled us to buy it! We seriously praised the Lord for weeks at prayer group! And now a year later, I still love it and am so thankful for the room!

Never say never! Kids change things! But, the preacher is still "cool" driving our van:)

4 comments:

  1. Our van is now maxed out. I think what comes AFTER mini-van is much less cool. I don't even know what comes after mini-van. Church van?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Jessica! Before my wife and I had our twins, we both loved owning and driving a two-door vehicle. It was ‘hip’ and totally ‘rad.’ But when my wife was in her third trimester, I thought about the safety of my family. And just imagine having twins! We definitely needed a good, reliable, and safe truck, and so that’s what we got!

    Patrick Gauer

    ReplyDelete