Saturday, July 2, 2011

Nana

Some of you know my Nana. Nana had her first experience at P.F.Chang's last night. First of all you must know that Nana does not get out much. You basically have to force her to go places, but once she gets there she is glad she went.

Last night Nana, Mother, Nikki, Lauren and I all went to P.F.s. On our way there Nana informs us she only has ten dollars! Ummm, Nana it is going to be more than $10! You obviously have not been out much lately. That might cover the tip these days. Nana said, "I don't know anyone that gets tipped that much, I may be in the back washing dishes!"

We had reservations but we were there a few minutes early (yes, I was actually early!). We sat outside while we were waiting for our pager to go off. Nana asked, "what is that thing in your hand?" She was asking about the pager. Nana, this is what the restaurant uses to tell you that your table is ready. Her response, "Well I have never seen one of those!" Nana, really you have got to get out more!

We sit down for dinner and she opens the menu. After reading the price of an entree-she gasped! What is this place?! Apparently she has not been out in a LONG time!

After tasting a lettuce wrap she decided it was not very good but had a second:) Then she actually enjoyed the food! Of course when we left she was glad she had come and even tipped the guy her ten dollars!!!

I love this woman! I wish everyone could meet her :) She is precious, funny, brutally honest, giving, loving. She is truly a blessing in my life and I am so thankful for her. 

3 comments:

  1. So cute! She sounds so much like my Mamaw! She's been gone for 15 years now, but she was so fun to be around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great! Does she still go to church at Hartselle FUMC?

    ReplyDelete