Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Unbelievable Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie Recipe

This is NOT MY recipe!!! Just so you know:) I want to give credit where credit is due. On our beach vacation in May, we went to The Original Oyster House in Gulf Shores. I don't know about your family, but our vacation is almost as much about the food as it is about the beach! Someone suggested this place and their Peanut Butter Pie. If you know me then you know I LOVE sweets. Just an example: Marshall bought me two bags of miniature Reese's Cups Saturday night and both bags were gone yesterday. I have a problem, I know. Maybe I should write a post about that.....I love chocolate and I love chocolate with peanut butter. Whoever came up with that combination is a genius!

Anyway, so we went the restaurant. The food was ok, but the pie....AMAZING!!! We will go back just for the pie (or at least I will). I am not kidding when I say it is the best I have ever had. If you eat raw cookie dough (I do not-raw eggs-salmonella-vomit phobia) then this is the pie for you. It is the consistency of cookie dough! When we came home I thought I would check and see if I could find a similar recipe. Well, what do you know?! The recipe is on the restaurant's website! In case you can't get it, here is the recipe:

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie
Yield: one pie

8 oz cream cheese
(1) 16-oz tub Whip Topping (thawed)
(1) cup peanut butter
1 Tablespoon Kahlua
8 oz powdered sugar
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
(1) Oreo pie shell

Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, Kahlua and powdered sugar together. Add cool whip and blend well. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into pie shell. Should be mounded high in the middle.

Note: Keep refrigerated. Serve with a dollop of whip cream.

________

A few notes from me:

Refrigeration is key to get the cookie dough consistency.

Definitely use mini chocolate chips. I tried it with the big ones and it was not the same.

Kahlua is alcohol.....you cannot buy it at the grocery store. I tried and was re-routed to the "beverage store" Of course I was shocked when I saw that the smallest bottle was $14! You only need a tablespoon, so you can make like 28 pies with the one bottle! In fact, I won't mind a bit if you make one for me! So worth the $14!


My first Peanut Butter Pie experience:)

Bay before dinner

Jackson before dinner

My precious pirates after dinner!

Our family.....Beau was not happy! It was past bed time and he had an ear infection:(

No comments:

Post a Comment