Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Jackson Lawrence Daigre

I have a friend who shares her birth stories and thought it was a great idea! I enjoy reading about other people, and thought you might too! You can check her blog out!

I love having babies:) I know some of you probably think I'm crazy and some of you probably love it too! Giving birth has been one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. I almost feel sorry for men:) Carrying a child and anxiously waiting for the day to see their beautiful face is an amazing gift. I am so blessed to have three healthy boys.

Jackson was our only child born in Mississippi, so he is a true Mississippian like his Daddy. Of course with your first you don't know what to expect. I had no clue what to expect as far as a birth experience. I thought I knew what to expect once I got him home, but, wow, I was not prepared!

Jackson was due on January 4, 2007. The whole Daigre family was at Memaw and Pappy's house celebrating the birth of our Savior, over our annual Christmas steak dinner. This was the 26th and everyone was leaving the next day with plans to come back when they got "the call", and my family was in Alabama. I had been having contractions for half of my pregnancy so that did not mean much to me. But we knew he would arrive soon (according to my dr). I wont go into specifics, but I will say that my body was ready! We enjoyed our "last meal" together and M and I went home. Our home at the time was in Pearl, MS about 40 minutes away. I really wanted to be in my own bed, so we would drive back at night from our long days of visiting with family.

Marshall had plans to go hunting with Justin and Pop the next day, so I planned to sleep in:) One of my favorite past times! At about 4 am M got up to go hunting, and I told him that my contractions were pretty strong. They were not really regular at this point, so I told him to go on and hunt. He left about 5am. He was about 15 minutes away when he talked to Pop and they decided he should come back home. About that time I called and told him my contractions were regular! He came home and we went back to sleep:)

I wanted to wait until the doctor's office opened before I called. So we showered and got ready to go meet our baby! By this time the family knew that it could be 'today'! The very first grandchild and our very first child, you can imagine the excitement! We called the doc and she told us to come in! We stopped by Walgreens, I can't remember why now, but I remember telling the cashier when she asked me when I was due, that I was on my way to the hospital!

We got to my Dr.'s office and she checked me....I was almost 5 cm!! Woohooo! She sent us up to Labor and Delivery! We of course made all of the phone calls to the family! Cindy and Cassie asked if we needed anything, and of course I "needed" my Christmas tree taken down! ha! Those of you who know me, know that clutter is not my favorite thing.....and I might have some serious nesting issues:) I wanted everything in it's place when we came home!

Back at the hospital, M and I were preparing to meet our firstborn son! Lots of things occurred while we were waiting. The family arrived along with the Godbolds-love them. I am a wimp and I have epidurals when I have babies! I also have had pitocin (which I know for some of my readers might cause you to cringe)  with each of my children, which was a decision I made after my doctor suggested it. For those who don't know the medicine "speeds" up labor, and there is some controversy over it. I love epidurals:) After I had mine I was able to relax and visit with family. We were all so excited!

Pitocin (too much) caused Jackson to have some decels, so they put me on oxygen and checked my progress. 10cm! It's time! This was not at all what I expected! Everyone except for Marshall and my nurse left the room. It was time to push! It took a few minutes for me to figure out where and how to push (epidural) but once I figured it out we were in business! The room was prepared and the entourage came in! I did freak out a little bit when a man walked in the room! My Dr. was a female and I did not expect some random man to walk past the foot of my bed! I don't even know what is going on down there and here he comes walking in like its just a normal day! Whew. Once I got over it and realized he was Jackson's nurse I was ok:) Just took me by surprise! About 2 minutes before I delivered Jackson my Dr. came in. My precious husband was by my side the whole time,and  I don't think he was ever freaked out. Having a baby is serious business! At 4:16 p.m. we met our precious son  Jackson Lawrence Daigre! That moment is seared in my mind and my heart. He was perfect. I would have given my life for his. I carried this child for 9 months inside of me and then he was placed in my arms and we were a family of three! Our lives definitely changed that day, but only for the better. I am grateful to God for this precious little boy that He has entrusted to us.

Our family of three! (yes, I know  I look rough.....give me a break! I just had my first baby!)


In the nursery!



Finally going home!



They grow so fast....


My little sweetie!

5 comments:

  1. What a previous child. I pray for him every day of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realize that I am still willing to arrange a marriage between Jackson and Savannah, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I do! She is a beauty, I don' think he will oppose!

    ReplyDelete